Here is a recipe for a rich and delicious chocolate mud cake:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, and mixing until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving. Enjoy!