- 1 pound beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet. Cook until browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth, sour cream, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the skillet with the onion and garlic.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the beef back into the skillet and allow it to cook in the sauce for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the beef is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- While the beef is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions.
- Serve the beef stroganoff over the cooked egg noodles. Enjoy!